The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Old man with an aquarium
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I posted, my tank is doing Ok. Finally removed the last bit of sand maybe 6 months ago, joining the BB tankers.:beer:

Still having no luck with SPS :bawling: figure it has to be something I am doing, stressing the corals. I just suck and not sure why I still am in this hobby other then I enjoy learning and love the fish and beautiful corals.

That said, I was researching RTN when I came on some hot topics about philaster protozoan microorganism on some "other" sites. The post states that all RTN/STN is due to philaster protozoan microorganism which I find hard to believe, as much as I would like to.

I trust the folks on TRT and would love to hear your thoughts on RTN/STN and this "discovery".

Warm Regards,
Scott

·
Registered
11 Posts
My personal "pet theory" is that we vastly underestimate the presence of conscious awareness in all living beings. It wasn't until very recent decades when you could definitively claim, without being mocked, that fish are more than just glorified automatons. Now we are fully aware that fish in fact have complex problem solving capabilities familial relations, empathy, pain, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.