The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally thought I'd share some pictures of my reef tank. Its a RSM 130D. Inhabitants include some type of clownfish, yellow coris wrasse, ywg, pistol shrimp, nassarius snails, astraea snails, blue leg hermit crabs, 2 feather dusters (one is regrowing its crown and tube and the other is still in its tube and regrowing its crown), pink and green spiny sea cucumber, hawaiian pink and black sand sifter cucumber, white with brown spot sand sifting cucumber, three hitchiker mussels, small horseshoe crab (I didn't buy this, a family member did for the holidays, and I didn't want to hurt their feelings by returning it, and so far its pretty healthy. Will return it if it is still alive in a few months), huge serpent star (needs to be exchanged for a smaller one soon), blue tuxedo urchin, deep sea yellow gorgonian (not doing so good, attempting to save it, microalgae attack), chili coral, frogspawn frag, torch coral, gsp, huge zooanthid mat, button polyps, yellow polyps, ricordeas, various mushrooms (blue and green), kenya tree coral, xenia, huge green spaghetti tree coral (sinularia), two small frags of pink spaghetti tree coral (sinularia), huge rock anemone (hosting clownfish), and some unidentified coral (in the last picture, a part of it is under the green sinularia and another part in the bottom right corner. Please id), green and purple brain coral, devils hand frag, small red zooanthid rock, and a porite rock (which is like 75% dead) with Christmas tree worms (you can see a few out in one of the pics.) The worms are doing great even though the porite isnt. Please ID that coral in the last pic and also the species of clownfish please! Also please comment and any suggestions would be appreciated! Links to the pics are listed below. I was having some troubles uploading photos directly to the post.
http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x471/wii64brawl/RSM 130D Tank Pics/?albumview=slideshow
Sorry for the low quality, I tried my best.

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
multiply especially your ricordea and zoos
My button polyps and green star polyps are already multiplying like crazy. It seems that my kenya tree let off some buds or something because there are a few small kenyas growing in the tank.

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imo regular perks look the nicest , and a zoanthid garden would probably pretty cool
Thanks but in my first post I asked what kind of clownfish I had and to ID a certain coral. My LFS who stocked the tank for a while before I seriously got into the hobby said it was a rarer type of clown, but Im not sure.

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No thats not the coral. One piece is directly to the right of the one ricordea in the last pic, and the othe piecer is to the direct right of the mollusk that is to the right of the kenya tree, all in the last picture.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looks pretty cool! The clown is definitely a type of percula clown. I am thinking that it is an Onyx as well. The coral that is unidentified is a little tough to make out. It could be a chalice or even a type of montipora of the encrusting variety. Would need a better picture or description to tell for sure.

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
3 cucumbers?

I thought these guys blew through the food supply quick in most tanks and then starved? And thats with one. How three? Im just wondering because Ive always liked cucumbers but have been told how hard they can be to keep long term. Am I misled?
Well one is a small filter feeder, so really doesnt count. But the thing is that my tank has quite a few dead spots in rocks that the fish cant get to, and most of my cuc stay in the sand, so when food floats into it, they eat that. But Ive always had 2 sand sifting cucumbers in the tank and after 2 years (I lost one because it cut itself and I took it out and was going to take it to my LFS the next so I put it in a bucket of what I thought was saltwater, but actually freshwater so it died:( and then I replaced it maybe a month later) everythings good. Just have a deepish (at least 2inches) sand bed and dont underfeed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.