The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up this morning and noticed my Kole Tang was missing. I looked around the tank only to find him being devoured by my Rose. Is this a common problem? I realize that anenomes will be opportunistic but I didn't think he would be capable of catching a tang. The tang does sleep right near the rose so I think it is a possibility. The other option I guess is that he just happened to die right near him and the rose grabbed it for a midnight snack.:( He had been with me since the beginning. He had been in captivity for 5 years. RIP Kole Tang.

·
bug hunter
816 Posts
That sucks Kyle:(

A friend of mine had the same thing happen with an achillies tang, and BTA. He said the tang didn't look too good the night before so the BTA was just being opportunistic. a day later the BTA spit it back up, not pretty.

5 years huh?

That sux!

·
Going Broke
1,595 Posts
Man, sorry to hear that. I thought you had sushi last night. :D

I'll come and get him out of your tank. It's the least I could do. Tell you what, I trade you for my Niger Trigger. :D :D

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hey!!!!!! Where'd that dang rose anemone come from anyways??????????? I think the person that you got that anemone from should be responsible for that kole tang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Sorry to hear about that Kyle. Hate losing longtime animals.:( :(

Dennis

·
Going Broke
1,595 Posts
Tell me about it. I probably stop talking to that person, let alone trade with him. :D :D :D What a mean reefer that person must be. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
771 Posts
reefcam said:
Tell me about it. I probably stop talking to that person, let alone trade with him. :D :D :D What a mean reefer that person must be. :rolleyes:
LOL!!!:funny:

Dennis

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am sure that the tang was dead or very ill and ended up in the anemone. I have very large roses and several tangs and I have never had a problem like that! My tangs get VERY close to the roses without a problems. However that really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you need another tang?? I was a beautiful health sailfin who I am selling. He is VERY expereinced with rose anemones! Let me know. I will be home tonight, MOnday night and then I will be gone until next Friday.

Thanks,
Connie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts