The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
AquaSafe(Canada) 5 stage reef RO/DI. 75GPD. Great quality (several ppl on this board have them). $100 + 25shipping on ebay for 'buy it now'. Or you can bid (I got mine for $20 less this way). Good Luck!
Nate

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you want clear canisters, I'll sell my Kent Unit as-is. I don't have a dissolved solids tester but the membrane is nearing its life expectancy, (2-3 years). I guess it isn't worth much more than $40 as parts.

You can pick up all new membrane and cartridges from marine depot for as little as $125. But that's still $20 from the price of a new one. Sheesh.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I bought mine on Ebay from the "H2O Guru". Also known as "Air Water and Ice". Great product, great service and very good prices. We got the unit with the storage container and use it not only for RO/DI for the tanks but also for RO for drinking water. A lot cheaper than the bottled water the wife was buying. Here's a link to his website.

http://www.airwaterice.com/

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Yuppers Charles,

That is what I bought, when you purchase it , the guy asks about spending like 50 bucks on a case of filters. I highly recomend this option since shipping stays the same and it is enough for the unit to last years. Way cheaper than having to buy replacement filters and membranes (it comes with membranes too) in the future as with all units

Ray

·
Registered
74 Posts
This is a little bit off topic but do you guys know of any reputable RO machines that you can get water from at grocery stores. I know of one at the Publix on Ponce and Piedmont but I have not TDS meter or phosphate tester so it could be tap water for $.25 a gallon for all I know. If anyone has tested this water, lives nearby and has a TDS, or knows of a better place please let me know.

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
I have never tested that water but I have heard that sometimes the TDS comes out higher than normal tap water. I am investing in a TDS meter, mainly to make sure I am not putting any impurities into my tanks.

Ray

·
Registered
74 Posts
The TDS on a RO unit comes out HIGHER than tap water? Is that possible? It takes tap water and ADDS stuff to it?:confused: I don't get it?

P.S. Ray, are you still offering a frag of xenia? My nano is cycled and stable finally.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts