The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got them done, here are some pics of my progress...

holes almost done, ollie wants to help.

cut them all, made 5 2" and 5 3" for different sized rocks.

nice view from my house!

i didnt want purple fingers for a week, so i went with the "easter egg" method, and 2 at a time saves time! (im really just lazy!)

first set colored and done! let them dry for a day or so.

all of them done, cant wait to put them in. yaaaaay...

i didnt a little experiment, i wondered if i let them sit longer, if they would get stained a darker color purple, unfortunately it didnt work as planned, dont know if anyone knows this, but purple primer eats plastic, guess thats how it primes, by etching. anyway. check this out.

well ill be putting them in soon. you know you guys will get pics of the new rock work too.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks tim, i stole your idea! it should look great to you.

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
I kinda like the etched look! :agree:

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well ill let you know about the etching, so far it seems to be a paste that rubs off easily, not sure if its safe either. probably changes the plastic chemically, but if it dries and hardens, it might be usuable.

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Looks good enough to eat! well almost....:)

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Dude i am really considering making my LR stand like yours.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I would too, but there's no way that I'm pulling out 160 lbs of coral infested LR :freak:

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok you two totally highjacked my thread, and since its mine, one of you need to pm me and tell me what the heck your talking about,

now then, BACK ON TOPIC!
what would be the best way to install these? i was thinking about putting some whater in a bucket, putting whatever loose frags i can in it, then moving what ever rock i can and just owrking it underneath then across the tank like that, just shifting rocks around as i go, is this a bad idea for some reason that i cant think of??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts