The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
The clown and anemone don't care about each other. The anemone would have to be right next to the light.

·
Registered
929 Posts
The clown and anemone don't care about each other. The anemone would have to be right next to the light.
There is only a small chance your clown will host the rock flower. I will be fine under the PC, as long as you keep your bulbs fresh. I the same situation, clarkii under 64W PCs, only one of my two clowns would host it, but the anemome did fine.

·
Tarpon
3,793 Posts
I have three in my tank under a 150 halide.......my lfs has about 6 under two of the 3 foot PC bulbs and they do fine.....but he feeds them regularly.......if yours is dying....then you dont have enough light/hes injured/your water needs to be checked. If he is in the sand like hes supposed to be........65 watts isnt enough. The 37 gallon tanks are somewhat tall...I would up the lighting for sure.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have three in my tank under a 150 halide.......my lfs has about 6 under two of the 3 foot PC bulbs and they do fine.....but he feeds them regularly.......if yours is dying....then you dont have enough light/hes injured/your water needs to be checked. If he is in the sand like hes supposed to be........65 watts isnt enough. The 37 gallon tanks are somewhat tall...I would up the lighting for sure.
i dont actually have the anemone yet because i didnt wanna get it until i knew whether i could keep it or not.
i would probably be feeding it once a day cus of my shortage of light.
so yea.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW the reason im asking this is cus right now my clarkii clown is in my 10 gallon with a condy anemone, and i have a pair of ocellaris in the 37 gallon that r very aggressive. As in every time i add a new fish the clownfish have killed it by the next day. And i wanted to switch the ocellaris pair to the 10 gal and the clarkii to the 37 gal, but i wanted to make sure it still had an anemone to live with cus its a very skitish clownfish. i also want to keep it with an anemone cus i think the symbiotic relationship is cool. But i also know that 65watts on a 37 gallon isnt enough for a condy anemone =\ so im kinda stuck.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is only a small chance your clown will host the rock flower. I will be fine under the PC, as long as you keep your bulbs fresh. I the same situation, clarkii under 64W PCs, only one of my two clowns would host it, but the anemome did fine.
was ur tank a 37 gallon? how many clownfish did u have? so ur pretty mush saying if i keep my bulbs fresh it should be ok? how long do power compact lights usually last?...i have 1 that is half 10,000k daylight and 460nm actinic. And its been in use since christmas (i havent changed it cus the tank is a FOWLR)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts