The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking all over liveaquaria.com and saw a nice Nano Coral Package that I will definitely be ordering! Being that the shipping costs an arm and a leg, I want to get a few more cheap livestock species now, rather than place a separate order and pay for more shipping. I have a 14 gallon reef tank, with 3 sexy shrimp, 3 snails, and no fish. Including the corals I already own and the ones I will be ordering, I will have green zoas, xenia, mushrooms, some other type of polyps, and another randomly selected soft coral from the package. I saw a rock flower anemone on liveaquaria.com, would this be safe to add in a 14 gallon with all this other livestock? (I know some anemones grow fast; unless this particular species grows EXTREMELY fast, I am willing to buy it and could always trade it in to my LFS sometime in the future)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Being that you have some experience with them...anything I should know before buying one? Like anything I should be cautious of? I know most other anemones will move around and could damage other corals or get trapped in the filter or something. Also, would it be too much on the bioload to introduce the 5 corals and anemone at the same time?

·
Registered
790 Posts
They are pretty low maintenance. They moved around when I first got them but once they found the spot they liked they haven't moved. They do like more light than I expected. I have a 24W PC light and the weren't happy. I added some 3w LEDs to supplement the PC bulb and they are happy now. Corals don't really add bioload like fish. I don't see any problem adding it all at once.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your feedback! I'm very frustrated right now though...apparently the online supplier I am ordering from has no more rock anemones in stock :mad:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have you ordered from liveaquaria before? Just curious, as I recently received an order from them, one long tentacle anemone and a long tentacle leather coral. The leather was leaning over and never stood up, within three days he disintegrated into nothing, for not even a return. I am just curious, with the price of shipping if the purchase is really worth the risk, rather than having a local fish store order and bite the shipping off if this were to occur again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have never personally bought from liveaquaria before, although I have read reviews that seem to be mostly positive. There is a 14 day guarantee if anything dies, just make sure you take a picture of it

·
Registered
589 Posts
Rock anemone's stay pretty small. I have thee of them in my 6.6 gallon. Largest one is probably 3". I don't see any problems with your current stocking.
Hi [email protected]!: How close can I place them to a corals? I also have a similar species than nanoreefer 77. I have a 40B BB. Have room about 4" far from my euphylias or close to my sps (scare to do that) or can place it on a rubble piece of rock at the bottom, alone. And how difficult is to removed from their location if I need to do it? do the anomene look best under actinics or in the 12000k it's fine too? I'm planning to have one some day soon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts