The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Everyone;
Was going to do a water change with my new RO unit and it doesn't work:mad: . I bought a portable unit on ebay for 45 buckes it didn't come with a manual. It seemed pretty easy to put together just plug in some tubes and put the membrane in the housing. I plugged it to my sink to get started and the hose keeps popping off. Here is the link http://stores.ebay.com/rofilterdepot . If anyone can help me figure out whats wrong I would really appreciate it:cool: . I have a service number but it doesn't answer. IT might be on the west coast so might need a cpl more hours before they open.
Thanks
Patrick

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there were only 2 tubes to plug in and only 2 places to plug them. There is some kind of flow meter. I thought maybe I had plugged it in to my sink backward so I retried it but it did the same thing. It feels like its blocked somewhere.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Vince I think I got it! there is water coming out now! Kinda slow but maybe it's supose to? I needed to push the hose in further I guess.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
remember to disgard the 1st 10 gallons of water produced, and make sure you are using the watrer from the blue tube and not the wastewater tube

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks John and Vince There is no blue tube( i guess for 45 bucks no blue tube) I'm assuming the smaller tube is the wast tube. I'm going to call the 800 number just to make sure. I figure I will let it run until 1:30 then start saving it. I'm SOOOO excited.
Once again thanks guess I panicked a little. Ive never had good luck with ordering on-line
Patrick

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok then its the smaller tube. It's also a little white looking coming out of the small tube

·
Retired Wanderer
17,192 Posts
Also say if you make twenty gallons of good water and the little yellow hose pops out then you have a sixty gallon flood.

What do I know though?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol wouldnt be the first flood I've had prob not the last

1 - 11 of 11 Posts