The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Learn something every day
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What purpose does the membrain serve in an RO system. The reason I ask... This a Costco Watts Premium System WP-5 There is no DI on this system. The water volume has always been such that I fill up the 3 gallon pressure tank and when that runs out it took a couple of hours to fill it up again. Recently the hose just flows almost freely for as long as I want. I just replaced the filters and it still flows freely. It says the membrain is good for 2-5 years and it has been 1.5 Do I need to replace it?

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
TahoeMtn said:
What purpose does the membrain serve in an RO system. The reason I ask... This a Costco Watts Premium System WP-5 There is no DI on this system. The water volume has always been such that I fill up the 3 gallon pressure tank and when that runs out it took a couple of hours to fill it up again. Recently the hose just flows almost freely for as long as I want. I just replaced the filters and it still flows freely. It says the membrain is good for 2-5 years and it has been 1.5 Do I need to replace it?
What's your TDS reading comming from the R/O membrain?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts