The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
I purchased a Vyair Ro100 with final stage DI back in october, all was well for the first month or so then i noticed my waste pipe dripping very slowly - about 1 drip every few seconds. I thought this was nothing to worry about at first, but every subsequent use of the RO unit has made the drip/leak worse. Its now a constant stream and the clean water outpipe has now started dripping also (really dreading my next water bill)

Im pretty sure i know what the problem is but not how to fix it:(
I think the valve spike thing that pierces the water pipe when installing the unit, has somehow made the hole in the pipe too big so that when its switched off/valve closed theres a gap so water can still get through.

So im guessing i need a new and better valve thingy. I just have no idea what its called or where i could get one from

I emailed Vyair several times but never even got a reply, so im hoping one of you kind fellows could point me in the right direction

many thanks

sam

·
Registered
396 Posts
Could be your fittings......try changing them out and see if that makes a difference

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Self tapping needle valves are not very reliable. You can get a Feed Water Adapter like pictured in this link at most any hardware store and it will solve your problem.
http://www.spectrapure.com/St_fd_valves.htm

Another option is to install a 1/4" ball valve in your inlet line and use it to shut things off leaving the needle valve alone.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, your advice was spot on,

Just when i nearly had given up i get 2 helpful replies from you and then an hour later i check my email and i had a message from head of vyair offering to send me the parts i needed for free. The parts arrived this morning (an inlet line valve and a better saddle clamp valve thing, so far i have only installed the inlet valve and this has indeed fixed my leak

Thanks Reeftank and Vyair:)

regards

Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts