The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently do not have a ro/di filter installed for my tap water. I have to keep asking my friend for water because he does have a ro/di filter. here is my question, if you guys notice, at some plazas (shopping centers) there are water vendor machines where you stick a 5 gallon water container in to get water to drink, is that water reef safe? it is filtered water

·
Premium Member
12,360 Posts
I understand that the cost of an RO/DI unit is not appealing to someone who has a small tank....I wonder if there's a number of 'gallons needed' to justify the costs of a unit.

It seems that evenytually most of the time hobbyists realize the alternatives never do the job as wellas the RO/DI.......distilled, well water, sea water, etc. There are always exceptions to the rule, but eventually reefers come around to buying a unit, or finding a store or friend to help out. Again it seems to point to gallons used.

If someone asked me to supply them with RO/DI for their 5g nano, pico, I'd probably give them the water, if they brought a cotainer.....& if I had ample storage on hand. Again, what is the 'gallon use' that would turn a borrowee off from sharing his 'pure' water?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.