The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Most RO/DI systems use standard 10" filters and can be upgraded when the time comes for replacement and disinfection. Where systems like Spectrapure differ is in their specially treated and tested high rejection rate RO membranes, their blending of all their own DI resins fresh in house and use of capillary tube flow restrictors the end user trims for their exact water conditions. Other differences you may find are the use of ANSI/NSF and UPC rated canisters and components, included inline pressure gauges and the use of low micron, absolute rated sediment filters standard on all their reef RO/DI systems. Just because a system looks the same on the outside does not mean it will perform the same or have the longevity which means the better system actually ends up costing you less to own and operate than the lower initial cost system over the long haul.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in Australia so don't think that site ships here, do you think the first link I put up compares to the spectrapure unit?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Why do they seem to have an unlimited # of factory refurbished ones ? I bought a coraline one that has exactly the same configuration of filters. Aren't the filters and micron screens all interchangeable ?
Yes, I was wondering the same - unlimited supply of refurbished units. They are not Apple selling new iPhones in millions/day, where do they get things to refurbish ?

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Me to I think they are getting over on us in a good way one that im not mad about. Ill bet you over 50% of trt members have the refurb unit. Theres alot of other sites and im sure alot of them have them too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts