The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my latest tank acquisition I got the SpectraPure RO/DI system along with the whole setup. Today I installed the unit and it's working great!

Even got new filter cartridges with it so it's good to go for a while. Now I have to get a float switch to install in my Brute can and I'm set.

Red Slime Algae......Kiss My Grits! I won't be seeing you in my tanks anymore! :banana:

And I expect to see improvements in the health of my animals now too with the addition of Calcium & Alk.

Top offs with RO/DI has begun on all 3 tanks and water changes begin on Friday. WooHoo. :beer:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ocnreef said:
This should help a lot. What were you doing before? Tap water or getting water from a LFS?
Straight Tap. :doh: Couldn't afford a RO/DI.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ocnreef said:
Good old city of Jax water or well water? At least those times are behind you guys.
Good Ole JEA City Water. :idea:

·
Not the LFS.......
460 Posts
My wife looks at my funny everytime I till her I have to go make water....she give me the old :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ocnreef said:
My wife looks at my funny everytime I till her I have to go make water....she give me the old :rolleyes:
ROTFLMAO :blob:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
abigtroutt said:
ReefNeck, my in ground pool is approx 13,000 gal's I've had the same thought.......natural light, already has a great filter ph is good, my calcium level it only at 300 ppm but I can fix that......
I say, Go For It! Would be incredible to swim amongst your own private reef. :dance:

·
Registered
289 Posts
abigtroutt said:
ReefNeck, my in ground pool is approx 13,000 gal's I've had the same thought.......natural light, already has a great filter ph is good, my calcium level it only at 300 ppm but I can fix that......
Don't worry, once you put in the 81.25 buckets of salt the calcium level should come up.:jester:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
ReefNeck showed me some pictures 1 day of someone that actually had made their inground pool into a frag tank and was snorkling in it. Totally insane!! They must have won the lottery or belong on the Forbes list for richest people or something to be able to afford the upkeep.:nuts:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts