The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. heres what I have. What I'm wanting to do is hook it to my main water line in the basement. The water line is 3/4 pvc pipe, what do I need as far as plumbing supplies, shut off valves, float switches for my water containers,etc.? I have no experience w/ plumbing except for cleaners and glue and I do have a pex crimper or whatever you call it. so if anyone could walk me through this, maybe I can do it myself without calling someone to come out. Her are some pics, if you need more or better pics just let me know?

Attachments

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
Go to your local Lowes, Home Depot, any plumbing supply house. Take a piece of the blue tubing with you and the little white fitting in the last picture. Tell them you need the fittings to connect that to your 3/4" house plumbing. They will be able to get you the fittings you need. If you have a washer or a faucet hookup close to where you want to connect it, you can simply get a Y for the faucet and Y off of it to connect to the RO/DI. It takes some fittings but the Y has a built in shut off and if you ever remove the RO/DI unit, you simply remove the Y and put the hoses back on.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply. Is the white fitting necessary,or can I run the blue tube straight to the unit? What the heck is that thing for? Thanks, Travis

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
It looks like an inline adapter that is a T that you would simply put into your existing water line and the T side would feed your RO/DI unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts