The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I need the real low down on the better RO/Di system. What is better a Spectra Pure Vs. Kent Marine Vs. No Name Brands????

I'm looking at Kent Marine Hi-s Maxxima 60GPD RO/DI or the Spectra Pure Max Pur 90GPD RO/DI. both are the same money $219.95

Or am I wasting money on a name and should buy the no name and save about $75.00?

Thanks

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
i believe kent marine is the better one. Oh and i really am not to sure about no name brands. the reason for people that buy name brand is because they are sure its coming from a good and reliable source...just my 2 cents..

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
I have a no name brand and get zero TDS so cant see any better.

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
Yeah...at the end of the day, zero TDS is zero TDS. :)

With regard to parts, Robert has a point...I don't know if all generic RO/DI's are able to use standard replacement parts.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
ChrisPrusha said:
Yeah...at the end of the day, zero TDS is zero TDS. :)

With regard to parts, Robert has a point...I don't know if all generic RO/DI's are able to use standard replacement parts.
They are all pretty much generic parts have not been a problem for me.

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
Casey said:
They are all pretty much generic parts have not been a problem for me.
Nor me. I purchased generic replacement parts from MD, and installed them with no problem. :)

It makes sense that parts would be interchangable. And it looks like it might actually be the case. :D

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Yea i have had several over the years when you buy Kent or brand names you are just paying for the name they all can take the same gut cartridges inside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts