The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I purchase a 100gpd RO/DI unit. After hooking it up, was running it and came to a problem. It seems to be draining more then it filters ?? Does anyone have a picture of one that I could take a look at ?? Here is what mine looks like, also this is the actual auction that I won:

100gpd RO/DI Water Unit

-Paul

Attachments

·
bug hunter
816 Posts
Most 100GPD units have a waste ratio of about 4to1.

Mine is about 3 to 1. so for every 1 gallon of good water I get 3 gallons of waste water. My Drain line goes right outside to my wifes flowergarden, or should I say weed garden:funny:

I was looking into a permeate pump to help lower the ratio but I haven't got around to that yet.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard that also presure is an issue. So If I where to get a pump to pump the water through faster, that would mean more waist faster ? Or dropping the ratio to maybe 2:1 ??

-Paul

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Paul your gonna have alot of waste water thats just how it is.:)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I never had one before, so guess I hooked everything up right, now its time to watch the grass grow.... :D

-Paul

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Prismaco said:
Ok, I never had one before, so guess I hooked everything up right, now its time to watch the grass grow.... :D

-Paul
;) or washing machine:D

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
I usually save the waste water to water plants, make water for drinking, etc. But yeah, it is normal to have such an amount of waste.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts