The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
NewfieReefer
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys I can't keep this in any longer. I feel as though I have been ripped off by a long standing member of TRT. I won't at this point say who the person is, I have all the emails and the copy of payment from paypal to back up this story. If any senior TRT members would like copy of the emails and PM's I have no problems forwarding all of the 20-30 emails and PM's to you. Now there is still a very slim chance that this person can fix this, but in order for the person to fix this the person will have to take immediate action. I am considering internet fraud charges, but would like to settle this with contacting authorites, mind you I have been very patient with this person and you can see that in the emails. Anyway here is the full story!!

About 2 months ago I read a post. A person on here was offering something "I WON"T SAY WHAT IT IS AT THIS POINT" all you had to do was send money for shipping. The person got my paypal right away and the person was happy and I was happy as the person told me it would be send right away Monday!! The first excuse in the first week was I ran out of "this" I won't say what this is at this point" I was like that's ok I understand, the person told me it would be sent next week, I was like no problem. Next week goes by still no item. I email the person and there is another reason why the person didn't send it I don't want to say what the person's reason was! So the person said it would be sent Weds and I am like great thanks for sending it. I take Friday off from work to wait at home to make sure I get the package as it was suppose to be sent 2 day mail. No item!! Emailed the person again the package was crushed by UPS or was it FEDEX he gave me two different names at different times. But of course I was like ok, and the person said once again they would be sent right away, sent WEDS again, so I take that Friday off from work and still no item. So I get a little mad the person goes off on me saying no one ever complained before and gets mad at me!! So once again the person says they will be sent out on a WEDS and once again me being the fool I am stay off work for the third time and guess what no item. I have been given about 6 reasons why I haven't got the item. I have since tried to PM the person and Email the person but the person hasn't responded to nothing and the person has been online I checked to make sure of this. This has gone on for almost 2 months and I had enough. The person knows who he/she is and should take this matter serious. I don't know if I should post the persons name or not. I mean no harm to this person and I am by no means trying to hurt you or ruin your reputation thats why I won't put any names here at this point, but this person is taking me as a fool and a sucker. I came on this site a few months ago to make some friends and chat and talk with other people, but YOU have made this a very unpleasent place for me. I thought you could be trusted as others think highly of you. I wonder are there others who were promised the same as me and don't have their stuff either?? Maybe I am wrong for posting this, but in the end you left me no choice, sorry!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely
DERM

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I appreciate you showing restraint with not naming the person outright. We'll let the post stand for now...but be aware that TRT assumes no responsibility for any transactions that are negotiated between our members. We will also not act as mediators to help you resolve the issue. Hopefully by posting this you and the other party can get things resolved.

Thanks-
Brooke

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm pretty sure I know which member you're talking about...
It's not really in their nature to rip people off, so chances are it's an anomaly...
I also believe that this member is dealing with personal issues, and meanwhile is not too concerned with fulfilling their obligation to you (unfortunately).
I know this isn't any consolation and the fact that they aren't contacting you is a problem, but don't fret too much over it... I'm sure everything will be made right in the end.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I agree with ReeferAddict as I am quite sure who this person is as well! Remember we only hear one end of the story so hopefully this issue will be solved soon!:)

·
NewfieReefer
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys you may or may not know who it is. I think you maybe surprised very surprised. I wouldn't mind if the person was up front and told me that it was going to be a couple of months or told me there is problems, but I have been told time and time again that it was sent, like I said I have taken 3 of my personal holidays off waiting for the items and the person told me they were sent and it never came. Thats half a weeks holidays lost for what. I consider myself to be a nice person and its not like me to put up a post like this, I have all the patients in the world for people and I gave this person many chances to send the items I personally would never do what has been done to me to someone else. I don't care anymore about the items and I don't even care so much about the money that was given for shipping. I do however want my money back. I am pretty sure that when this person see this post they are going to go off and blame it all on me and give me another reason. I mean think about it we are talking about a 2 day shipment, I paided for 2 days shipping and that was about 50 days ago. Anyway I feel bad about posting this, but like I said what choice did I have.

·
Registered
658 Posts
You're well within your right to be upset about this, and I'm really surprised this person has kept you strung along...
You've also shown a lot of restraint like Brooke mentioned and I give you credit for that.

I was just trying to ease your mind a bit... I'd talk to them myself but they've been MIA for a while...

Wish I could do more.

·
NewfieReefer
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All cleared up Johnny!!

Guys thanks for the support, hopefullly I can get this resolved very soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts