The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just remembered I have a Ul Listed Rio 1700 + for the return from the wet dry. I was told by the LFS that the ul listed ones were fine and pssessd no rick of meltdown, but after reading Jenns threads in Vinnies Disaster thread, I now think Otherwise....... Is it safe? If ur here Jenn, maybe you could give some input since you own a lfs and have experiened this firsthand before. Thanks :confused:

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,717 Posts
Let's put it this way, I would not use it. I have had a Rio 2500 burn up before, it did not melt down, but it did a number to my system temprature, and smells really really bad, like a burning VCR. It even made my tank smell like burning electronics for a few days.

I would not trust it, but my friend does.
Whiskey

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whats a cheap pump that can put out 325 GPH @ 4 ft ? for my return line from the wet dry sump area ?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
zxcv123 said:
whats a cheap pump that can put out 325 GPH @ 4 ft ? for my return line from the wet dry sump area ?
I saw some Mag 5 pumps on ebay for 40-50 not including shipping.
How cheap were you trying to go?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya wisky but like all skimmers come with rios, the remora i think does, I believe some turboflotors, proclear.

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,717 Posts
zxcv123 said:
Ya wisky but like all skimmers come with rios, the remora i think does, I believe some turboflotors, proclear.
TurboFloater comes with either a Rio 2500 or Oceanrunner 2700
Remora comes option of Rio, Mag, or Maxijet (depending on model/option)
I know nothing about the ProClear, never used one.

Whiskey

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,717 Posts
zxcv123 said:
u know i baught the bak pak already? Waht till the bank hears about new pumps..
The bank? They never really care about what I spend my money on. I would be a little worried if your bank is telling what to do with your money :eek: VERY worried indeed.

Just withdraw cash from the ATM, that way they don't know what you are spending it on.

Man, I really can't wrap my head around this at all! What bank are you with? What kind of account do you have that they have any right to even bring up what you spend your money on?

You seriousally need to change banks,
Whiskey

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wiskey said:
The bank? They never really care about what I spend my money on. I would be a little worried if your bank is telling what to do with your money :eek: VERY worried indeed.

Just withdraw cash from the ATM, that way they don't know what you are spending it on.

Man, I really can't wrap my head around this at all! What bank are you with? What kind of account do you have that they have any right to even bring up what you spend your money on?

You seriousally need to change banks,
Whiskey
Lol the bank is my Dad

1 - 20 of 35 Posts