The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of you know I had my 450G come in busted. Here is the thread. http://thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71938

The replacement is being made and should arrive in the early part of June. As such I want to begin planning now. I'll need at least 12 people (hence the need help) on June 17th after 7pm, June 18th or June 19th morning (list a preference) to help with the move.

I also need a flatbed at least 5ft by 12ft.

I have borrowed 6 "suction cup" glass holders to help (more would be good)

It is going to ship to a warehouse dock. From there we'll have to load it onto the flatbed. Then at my house take it across about 50 ft of grass to the side of the house. Turn it sideways to fit it throught the basement door, then upright again and onto it's 45" stand. It's going to be a beast and I would appreciate all the help I could get! Ideas of details are good also.

Please volunteer in this thread and I appreciate it in advance!

·
Registered
874 Posts
omg, what a disaster chris! If I'm in town then, I'll also help out. Well I should be in town, just all depends on my work schedule.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have a hard time making plans more than a couple days in advance... I'll keep an eye on this thread. If Im around, I'd be happy to lend a hand (or two).

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris, they did water test my busted one before they sent it! They will do so with this one also and send pics so I'm not to worried. It is all in the basement so if a disaster happens as with yours at least there will be no major water damage!

Thanks to the volunteers so far! Keep em coming!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I can help out on June 18 that forsure. As for the 17 I can not be too sure. I may have to work on the 17, but if I don't have to work I am going to help out.

Book me for the 18 forsure and maybe on the 17

Wayne

·
Registered
7 Posts
Man, just spent two hours reading the history at http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...hreadid=694606. When I began reading it, I was hoping it would have been setup by now, until I remember reading about someone at TRT needing strong backs to help move a 450g tank later this month! Then I read the devastating damage...

Might suggest getting a small forklift or all terrain pallette jack to help with the move. I would offer some I have at work, but unfortunately, I will be out of town that week on a cruise. Might try calling around - you never know what they rent now-a-days. Good luck with the move!

John

·
Registered
789 Posts
Let me know what day you end up doing this. Depending on the day I might be able to lend 2 people to the cause.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quick update the tank is curing now and will ship early next week. I hope to have it here next week but I'm not sure so we may have to postpone one week. Thanks to all the volunteers so far. I'll keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK obviuosly this didn't happen last weekend! Tank is still in route. I'm hoping it will be here later this week with plans to move it in probably Friday night June 30th. Thanks for everyone's patience with this one. I promise enough food and beverage to make it worth it!

·
Registered
874 Posts
man I wish I could still help, but you'll have to count me out on this one, I'll be out of town :( Hope it all goes well tho.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Sorry, but I have to withdraw my offer to help. I will be doing some moving myself at the end of the month. I am going to have to move my tank also, But it only a 55GL so I can do it with my brother help.

Wish you luck there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts