The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new tank has about 3 little scallops (quater sized) in the glass and it hurts my heart to see em can people suggest realistic ideas to make it look nice no pictures yet sorry.
PRETTY PLEASE

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any body have some ideas I might not have thought of ?

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
Can you post a picture of the chips? and a further out pic so we can see where exactly they are on the tank?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can unfortunately I don't have pics or ability to get em up untill I get wireless...
They are on the front glass top right corner as you look at the tank.....
they are right at the tippy top and go down 3 or 4 inches about 3 lscallops very shallow and about hte size of a quater.

·
BRW member
2,610 Posts
the only thing I can think of is when you get a chip in your windshield they sort of remelt the glass, but I dont think that would work with a tank. I think youre stuck with it. maybe hopefully I am wrong though.

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
It might just be a good place to store the Mag-Float.....

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
magnetic glass cleaner. Is the tank drilled on the bottom or in the back? If its on the bottom just turn the tank around. Otherwise Butch has an excellent idea.

·
Super Moderator
10,750 Posts
Call a windshield repair repair place. They should be able to at least tell you if they can be repaired.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I called a few auto glass places they all said they can not do it period !!!
They would hve to drill it.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Are you building a canopy for it? if so just make it long enough to cover thos chips.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I read your previous post and feel your pain. You're not going to like what I'm about to say but you may want to buy a new tank for $300-$400. If you can't disguise the damage, it may drive you crazy. Without pix, it's tough to know what you're dealing with. I think of it this way. When you're done with lights, skimmers, animals, rock, gizmos, etc, you'll have atleast $3k+ into this deal. Replacing the tank now, is 10% of the overall cost!

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
tanks look cool when you shoot them! especially when they are full and you use a shotgun...

to get the coral to grow up there just put a rock with some of them against the glass nearby and the coral will work its way over there.

·
Registered
366 Posts
LiquidLunch said:
I read your previous post and feel your pain. You're not going to like what I'm about to say but you may want to buy a new tank for $300-$400. If you can't disguise the damage, it may drive you crazy. Without pix, it's tough to know what you're dealing with. I think of it this way. When you're done with lights, skimmers, animals, rock, gizmos, etc, you'll have atleast $3k+ into this deal. Replacing the tank now, is 10% of the overall cost!

A new tank would probably run closer to the $600 to $800 range for a 180, I got a fairly good deal and mine was $630 and it isn't a reef ready.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes teh reef ready 180 is almsot 900 at the lfs anyway I am going to buy black L molding to match the top and bottom and silicone it on there...

If anyone asks it has that side molding cause it is a custom tank duh...
shh

1 - 20 of 28 Posts