The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all.

The Sponge Bob Home for Wayward Crabs had developed a leak along the bottom seam. Over time this leak just got worse. In all the commotion around my house we moved the Sponge Bob tank up onto the kitchen dividing counter where my Minibow sits. It was now leaking bad enough I had to keep a towel around it so the saltwater didn't end up on the carpet.

So we went for the remodel. In keeping w/ my Minibow Nano theme we upgraded The Sponge Bob Home for Wayward Crabs to a 2.5 gal Minibow. The electric blue color. I also upgraded the lighting to a 10watt screw-in 6500k PC bulb. The new tank also came w/ an internal power filter so I was able to remove the air stone I was using for circulation.

A little bit of sand --- a piece of LR --- a Sponge Bob statue --- and you have an instant prison for trouble crabs --- hey we might even start feeding them on a more regular basis --- and when I upgrade my Minibow in the future I'm going to donate the 50watt heater to the prision.

I guess we're moving out of the dark ages as far as corporal punishment is concerned :D

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Killer Crab seems to like the new prision. HE's been out and about all day.

I'll get a few pics posted in a week or two when my parents come to visit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.