The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows what type of glue(?) to use to attach polyps to LR-I have green star polyps, and some have detached themselves, & I want to relocate. Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Good old fashion run of the mill super glue. :) That is what I use. Now, are these polyps, or a mat of polyps? Either way, just mount them with glue. I would leave the rock out for a few seconds to help dry the glue. If you put it in right away, and you have a pesky curious shrimp...he might get his pinchers glued shut. heh heh :rolleyes:

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
yep, put a few drops of superglue on it and slap it on a rock. It will be fine. Don't be alarmed if they don't open for a day or two, but they will be happy and attach. :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Welcome to trt Farmgirl. I've had better luck with super glue gel than with the original stuff. You can also take a paper towel and dab the lr a little to give the glue a little better hold. Where down south? FL, GA, AL, MS, LA, Think thats about all of the down south states.

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Welcome! :)

I just rip a piece off of the mat and shove them into a crack in the rock; sometimes I use a toothpick to hold them in place. Glue works great, though ;)

Alice

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I just rip a piece off of the mat and shove them into a crack

Dang Alice such anger....... but I guess its effective

Welcome to TRT Farmgirl does your first name start with a J????

Jeff

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank you all for the info. and for being "friendly!" My name starts with an L (Jeff)
I think I will try the method of shoving the mat between the rocks first-but will have the glue on standby.

·
Registered
371 Posts
:D WELCOME farmgirl.

I had probs with my GSP at first becasu of the demon spawn .... I mean the neon dam*sel, the little &*(&%%^#^$*&%, but I finally found a spot on the bottom , right in the front, and just left them, no glue. They are looking mahvelous.

Lee:beer:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.