The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Beanieboy
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I switched over from PC's to Vho's for actinics, am using regular Phillips 40 watt 6500 k daylight bulbs on an electronic 96 watt ballast for my white light. The daylight bulbs seem to have a pink hue to them, is this normal, or do I need a different bulb? Here are the rest of the specs on the regular bulbs::
Light output: 2325
Color rendering: 84
Color Temp: 6500 k

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
regular phillips daylight bulbs? as in normal houshold bulbs? or is phillips making aquarium flo's?

the 65k's should havea bit of a yellow tint to them, dont know about a pink tint though. i'm running 10k daylights, that havea bluish tint.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I run a cheap household Phillips 6500K next to my actinic in my tank. They are both overdriven and I love the results. I have never noticed any pink tint to my bulb though. I will have to pay more attention tonight. Since I installed the lighting and two new powerheads, my coraline growth has exploded.

·
Beanieboy
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bulbs

Fatman, regular daylight 40 watter's. I have them set up next a tank with 1 set of Vho's for both daylight & actinic, the tank with the totally VHO's are whiter. Just running 1 set of vho's cause it is set up for low light, ricordia, fox coral, shrooms. Here is a pic.

·
Beanieboy
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another 1

Is that a blue bulb aneneme in the center? does anyone know the regular name for it, am terrible with Italian names. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.