The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been happy with either one of these products? I was thinking about putting in a refugium and both look promising. LMK what your expierence has been. Thanks everyone.

·
TCMAS Domain Owner
278 Posts
GRUNGE, GRUNGE, GRUNGE!

Although their website is terrible and difficult to navigate, I have purchased grunge from Leroy at GARF numerous times. Can't say enought good stuff about it. Just get it!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you get coral magazine? They have ads for it in on 3-4 pages every volume. They have shown that public reef aquariums and some pretty impressive private aquariums are healthy and thriving despite not using skimmers and instead using the ecosystem miracle mud method. I was thinking of just adding some garf grunge on top of my 1/4'' of live sand and see what happens.

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
In has been around for many years and never hear much about it in the last 3+ years. Miracle mud much like Zeovit has been under controversy since it's existance.

IMO: If it were that good, it would have caught on by now and wouldn't need an add to sell, it would sell itself. I never bought the notion myself but that doesn't mean it can't work but I'm sure the ingredients in the mud is not the only thing to attribute to success. Public aquariums, I bet many of them pump in saltwater from the ocean and probably never bother to mention that in the add....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts