The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if someone could tell me where I can find an article or two on the various theories about what critters can be placed in refugium systems. I would like to grow Calepera algae (I think that is how you spell it). But I thought I read somewhere that you can grow plankton or other varmits (possibly copepods) that can be fed into the main tank to feed the fish and the corals. Does anyone know anything about this.
Thank you
Chuck

·
Registered
778 Posts
I was wondering if someone could tell me where I can find an article or two on the various theories about what critters can be placed in refugium systems
"the book of coral propagation" by anthony calfo, detials setting up different types of refugiums, and also goes into detial on setting up feed stations as well. its one of the best books for reef keeping, imo!

But I thought I read somewhere that you can grow plankton or other varmits
phytoplanton can be cultured in a feed station, as well as brineshrimp and rotifers. copepods, amphipods and larger plankton critters can be housed in a refugium with crushed liverock and medium substrate.
hth!
:cool:

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
Ditto...

And Welcome to TRT!!!!!!!

:dance: :blob: :wavey:

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
A good source for refugiums is http://www.inlandaquatics.com We got their flora and fauna refugium kit and have been happy with it.

HTH-
Brooke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts