The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im still fairly new to this so bare with me lol, I have just added my new refugium under my stand for my 40GB reef tank and i cant seem to stop the return from blowing out micro bubbles or little sand particles (i cant tell which one) from the refugium... my refugium is setup as a skimming section a refuge an a return section with 3 baffles separating the skimmer section and the refuge, and one separating the refuge and the return... any ideas of how i could fix this ? all answers are very appreciated

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
Welcome to TRT!!

:wavey:

i would double check that all pipe connections are airtight. if there are micro bubbles, then i would suspect a very tiny pinhole leak somewhere in the return. this is especially true if you do not see the micro bubbles in the sump before the return.

G~

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everything is air tight not sure how but micro bubbles are making it through the dump past the filters in each baffle into the refugium and into the return i seemed to slow it by putting a filter pad under where my overflow returns back to the sump/refugium... very weird

·
Registered
378 Posts
Sounds pretty close to what I have setup. I had water flowing over my last baffle to the return and it was causing bubbles to be captured by the return intake. You should check that. I ended up raising the waterline some so the return area had more water and it fixed the issue. How high are your baffles?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there about 7" all around except for the one in the middle of the three in the first section its about 9", i tried stuffing filter pads an everything... just tried your advice too & it worked pretty well but theres is still some coming from somewhere just cant seem to figure out where lol but it does look alot better, thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts