The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have a spare 10 gallon tank with a 30 gallon filter on it, and I want to make it a refuge for my 29 gallon reef. This would increase my total vol. to 39 gallon, and add another 30 gal. of filtration. But I have no clue how to plumb it. If anyone could give me detailed intructions on how to do this, I would greatly appreciate it. :) Also info on where to put it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I am not seeing the big picture here what is a 30 gallon filter? is it a wet dry or something?

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
put a small pump in the top of the 29 run some pvc down to the 10 fuge....you will need to drill a hole in the right of the 10 gallon and flow it to the sump assuming you have a sump??? If not youll have to have a return back to the tank!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, just a hang on filter. It has a 30 gal capacity. But I would put it on the 10 gal. tank for supplementry filtration.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
that is a real challange is you would need to make the refuge higher that the tank then pump the water from the tank to the fuge then have the 10 gal driller toward the top and create a natual over flow back to the show tank.

most people run a sump and use the sump for all of these "unsightly" filter items like fuges, skimmers, uv, cal reactors, and so on.

Fred

1 - 6 of 6 Posts