The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!

I am designing my next system to be 6/7'x3'x2 peninsula style tank having a CLS provide the circulation. Reeflo Hammerhead will power the CLS and a GenX 40 will power sump/return. There will be a SSB with all the rock up on a DIY acrylic rod stand. The overflow will be a coast to coast, perhaps external, with beananimal's 3 drain line design. There will be an ocean motion 4-way in the CLS and the outputs will be drilled into the bottom.

I'm looking for some advise on how many outputs I should have to maximize the efficiency of the pump and OM 4way. Also, how many inputs and where should the inputs be?

Also, if anyone has a few good threads about nice complicated CLS, I would enjoy the read. I have been looking for a good one.

I will happily take any criticism on my current design as well.

·
Registered
638 Posts
The oceans motion folks used to make these things called relovutions. Everytime the flow alternates(by way of the four-way) the output spins 45 degrees. The were various versions( point up, point down, one up one down) here is a link. these things would be awsome coming out the bottom of that tank you described. The video lins are at the bottom of the page. The product may be hard to find now though. OM is going through some changes. How much noise does that hammerhead make? Is it too lound to go in my stand in the living room? Was thinking about doing some sound proofing on my stand for a pupm compartment.

http://www.oceansmotions.com/store/video.php?osCsid=f013cdb3f527db26e8242d6c48075c33

1 - 4 of 4 Posts