The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I have a 30 gallon reef tank thats been running for about 5 months. I have a refugium,5 gallons, with chaeto,live rock, thousands of copepods. 800gph water movement through 2 propeller type, powerheads, A fluval 204 canister. for the ligting i had 2 65watt pc 50/50 and recently added a 39watt 12k t5 and 39watt actinic t5. My origanal idea was to junk the pc and use it on my refugium or something else, but the t5 are soooo dim and blue... so i made a quick hood to put in front of the t5s. why are they soo dim. so i have both running now. My 2 questions are does this sound like a good setup for a tank. It always seems to have some green algea on the live rock and green coraline algea now spreading. The green algea is kinda like a film but wont come off the rocks. bright green. it makes the tank look bad. all my parameters are perfect, i have perfected it all. it has been like this since i started it. Also i had tons of purple coraline florishing all over the tank everywhere, and now its turning white. but new coraline is forming in other spots. My tank does seem to be ok hence the thousands of copeapods in refugium, and mini fether dusters all over my glass. I have been battling all this since the begining any tips are help would be apreciated.

·
reefer madness
614 Posts
do you have good quality reflectors on your t5's?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts