The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been lurking here for quite some time now and have gathered a huge amount of info. But now I have the question that I can't figure out myself. Which light?
I have decieded that it will be T5 as my wife does not like the shimmer of MH and LED some leds. This will be a 75 gallon mixed reef and will be an upgrade to my 44 gallon corner pentagon reef so at least 6 bulbs are a must. I'm really trying to stay on the lower end of the $ scale. While I would love to get an ATI fixture I would rather put my money into a better skimmer and other equiptment instead. With that said I don't want junk. So I have narrowed down to three:
First up is a preowned fixture that will be available in a couple of weeks. It is a 7-bulb Aquactinic Constellation for $350. The owner has modded that to hold a few <ACRONYM title="Light Emitting Diode">LED</ACRONYM> moonlights also. The fixture is at least 4 years old.
fixture is "as is" and but all bulbs need replacing.

Second is a new 6-bulb TEK Light With bulbs $415 Here it is:
TEK Light has all bulbs but I need to purchase Mounting options.

Third is the Coralvue T5/<ACRONYM title="Light Emitting Diode">LED</ACRONYM> combo $369. Here it is:
Coralvue Comes with all mounting options but I need bulbs.

I had some links but because I only have one post I can't add them, sorry. I would love all suggestions. Help me out guys. Like I said this is gonna be a mixed reef. Also feel free to recommend other fixtures. Thanks in advcance
John<!-- / message -->

·
Registered
2 Posts
My subjection: Aquatic life 6 lamps t5 fixture. It comes with timer. Good customer support. Active cooling Good luck...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already rulled out that fixture. More expensive and the bulbs it comes with are ok but need replacing. Plus I know a few that have had problems with the timer and could not get bulbs on.
And I have pretty much ruled out the 2 aquactinics fixtures unless someone talks me into them. Figue I don't want to deal with things that old and they are out of biz anyway. Thanks again
Graz

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the similar situation. I have a 75g reef tank as well and have been looking into getting some T5.

I have been really thinking of getting the Coralvue T5/LED as well, I have read some really god things about them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the 6 Bulb TEK Fixture. I love it, I use it over my 110 tall reef tank and I keep Just about any coral I would like, SPS would need to be in the top part of the tank but I keep mainly LPS and Softies.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If either of you are interested, I have 2 Nova Current 8 bulb T5 fixtures 48" for sale. The bulbs could be replaced and have 18 if not 2 bulbs I can throw in the deal. They can be sold separately in working condition and 8 bulbs in each. Please let me know if someone is interested and we can work out a price. Reason for getting rid of them is don't need that much light on my fish only tank and on the mixed reef I went with 6 bulbs with accent lighting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts