The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marking my lumber and taking it to my folks house. They have a miter saw and it should do a better job of squaring up the ends of the two by fours. And I can cut 3 at a time, so that helps too.

Hope to have the base and the top together before I need to go pick up my boy.

Dave

ReefDave has attached this picture.....oh wait, he doesn't have a camera....

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
bwahahahhahah now THAT was funny dave!!! :funny: :funny:

so, it's almost five o'clock, how'd it go?

i saw swipe the mitersaw and take it home. build the stand, then hock it to get the camera fixed :)

they'll never know it's missing.. and if they do, blame it on the neighbor ;)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got all my boards cut. Glad I used the miter, way better than I could have done with my tools.

Started on the base, but had to stop when my mom brought my son home.

My RO/DI unit came today, VERY NICE. All in all a good day, would have like to have gotten further, but had to come to work early. I don't work Friday night so I should get the stand itself framed tomorrow.

Dave

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
sweet dave!

good to hear the day went well.

i wish i had a miter saw, if i did, i'd have less finsihing work to do. i have one but it's the manly type, you know, a plastic box, and a hand held saw :) i dont mind using it for trim boards, but cutting up 10 2x4's and 10 2x2 with a hand saw...forget it!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, tomorrow after I get the stand portion framed up, I might borrow my step fathers camera and take a couple shots of it so I have something to show for.

Im getting the itch bad now though, the RO/DI showed up, and tomorrow I am expecting the "Urchin, Mag 12, Heaters, test kits, and power heads". That should all show up via UPS tomorrow. After that I'll be a snowball rolling down hill.

Back to work I reckon, planning on waking up super early and getting to the garage.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.