The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Going to Maine on Sunday to do some snowmobiling . From Long Island it's about an 8 hour ride and i won't be driving so it will give me alot of time to read or sleep .

Does anyone know of any good books i might be able to find at the LFS or maybe Borders books

·
Registered
99 Posts
For starters, you can look at the "Recommended Reading List" sticky at the top of this forum. :doh:

Of that list, I have a handed-down copy of Natural Reef Aquariums by John Tullock which I have found to be an exceptional book for beginners and intermediate folks, focusing on some of the technical aspects of the tank for beginners, but dealing a lot with corals, fish, and other livestock in-depth for beginners and experienced folks.

Great reference book, IMO. :thumbup:

Mike.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:lol: i didn't even see that there and i look thru this site almost every day :silly:

thanks for the info tho ;)

·
Drain Bamaged
729 Posts
I got a lot of books off of Amazon.com if you can get the seller to to 3rd day select shipping you can save a lot of money and have them in time for your trip.

The New Encyclopedia of the Saltwater Aquarium by Greg Jennings is a good one and The Reef Aquarium by Charles Delbeek and Julian Sprung is an older book but is full of great information on coral, still one of my favorites to flip through

1 - 8 of 8 Posts