The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know I have sold off many corals in order to fund a nano tank project. I decided on a AGA 7 gal Minibow reef. A few days ago I started this reef up.

At approx the same time an owner of another BB agreed to host a blog for me to keep track of my minibow progress. For those not familiar w/ blogs, a blog (Weblog) is basically an online journal in reverse order so that viewers see the latest entry first. It is HTML and can contain hyperlinks, pics ect.... A viewer see's the most recent entries but can view any entry through the archieve area. Viewers can also post a comment for any entry they individually view.

Check out my Minibow blog at the link below and you will also be checking out my new Minibow Nano.

My Minibow blog

View "The Setup" entry for a detailed list of all equipment and what I paid for it.

View the "Frogspawn" entry for a detailed listing of all livestock in the tank to date.

There is only one pic on my blog so far. It only contains a few corals since the tank is only approx 4 days old and I didn't want to slam it full of corals w/ out takeing a little bit of time.

I will be continually adding new entries when more corals are added as the days go by. When I have an updated pic or two I will make another post letting everyone know.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Charles it looks good! Cant wait to see if finished!

Also, I am looking to adding some calcium to my tank....I have been looking at the Seachem's reef fundamentals.....C-Balance....B-ionic...or the same kent stuff you are useing? Any sugestions?

William

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have a calcium reator for my main tank and back when I was doing reefs before they didn't have any two part additions.

I took most peoples advice about using a two part calcium additive and choose Kent because I've always had good results w/ their chemicals.

When I first added saltwater I had a calcium level of 375. and after dosing the maximum amount of the two part for 3 days the level didn't budge. Having put one of the best pieces of LR from my main tank into the nano (It's allmost 100% coraline encrusted w/ a thick purple coraline) I didn't want the LR (coraline) to suffer any while waiting to get the calcium level up to 425-450. So what I did was start adding 1 oz of effluent water from my main tanks calcium reactor every morning. This along w/ 2 ml of both part A & B of Kents has gotten my calcium up to 400 ppm in 2 days. I will continue along this route untill I reach my targeted calcium level then I will figure out what is needed to maintain that level w/ my current calcium bio-load.

This might not have exactly answered your question but I'm not sure I would be the best one to answer it.

Charles

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Charles, it looks awesome. Can't wait until you have some more loaded. I never had much luck with the additives, and just stuck to kalk.

Ray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.