The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width=139 rowSpan=2>

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left height=39><TABLE height=39 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="80%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD background=../generic/red_fill2.jpg height=39>Reef Base </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=NavText vAlign=top align=left height=300>Home / Reef Base
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="90%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>
· Contains Aragonite – the most dissolvable form of calcium Carbonate
· Natural Porous structure provides maximum surface area for biological filtration
· Smooth “sphere” shape prevents damage to the burrowing invertebrates or jawfish
· Free from harmful impurities including nitrates and phosphates.
· Pre-washed so only minimal rinsing is required prior to use.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>I can get some of this stuff at a good price.
Does someone know if its good to use.
Tank is a 125 FOWLR and soft corals.
I just dont feel like washing the old sand in the 120.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Whatever you get definately ditch the old sand, although your softies will like it dirty so will the algae, that stuff has a wierd sphereical look to it and personally if you are gonna get something go live sand. It reminds me of this stuff they make for fresh water plenums that is why I cringe when I see it.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
On my 125 I might add I did a SSB and it was covered by 3 bags with enough to make it worthwhile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts