The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
$ The Poor Reefer $
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKAY! so i've needed to redo my aquascape pretty badly, and i've decided that todays the day! the buckets and totes are out and heaters and powerheads are at the ready!
its 5:25pm and i've got until about 9:45ish to knock this thing out and clean up, cause thats when the boss gets home ;)
i just need to hurry because if she gets home and my arms are in the tank... this might just be my last post lol.
i'll get some before and after pics put up as well! i'm using mighty putty stuff (CarGo QuikSteel putty) to hold it all together, and most likely to hold a few corals in place as well.
i've been told that this stuff is reef safe as well, my only question is this: is it safe to let it SET underwater, or do i need to take everything out and let it set out of the tank before its safe to put back in?
need a quick answer cause time is limited if i can get on it tonight.
WISH ME LUCK!! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
waiting for pics
+1

I just did this over the weekend, but the putty was not as good as I hoped, I had to dry the rocks well just to get the stuff to stick, and then only about half of the rocks I feel are stuck together, and the other ones are just one bump away from collapse....

wish now I used the liquid epoxy...

·
$ The Poor Reefer $
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the mighty putty was only okay... it wasnt amazing for the rockwork underwater, but it did work really well for putting a couple plugs in place ;)
still working on getting the pics up... computer isn't cooperating, but i'm working on it. it looks pretty neat. couple bridges, couple lower areas in front... room ALL THE WAY AROUND (thats gonna be nice) and its alot easier to get around stuff to clean.
pictures coming as soon as i can get them to work lol

·
$ The Poor Reefer $
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ugh. Well is there a way to do it off an iPhone? Lol I'm about to throw my computer across the room...

·
$ The Poor Reefer $
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im so close! lol if only my d*** computer would cooperate with me for once... so close i promise

·
$ The Poor Reefer $
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
okay well all the before pics are gonna be sideways because my computer is being SUUUUUUUUUUUCH A PITA right now!!!! uuuuugh! lol

FTS Before. (just kinda trying to show how everything is spread out over the entire SB, making lots of little areas for detritus to collect and stuff
Water World Art Tree Plant

Center
Water Underwater Natural environment Azure Organism

Left Side
Water Plant World Light Azure

Right side
Water Azure Plant Fluid Underwater

·
$ The Poor Reefer $
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
not a HUGE difference i know, i just tried to kinda pile things into the middle and make a couple cool "structures" just do expose more SB and make it to where i could up the flow in the tank and keep it cleaner easier. again, i know its not great, and i might honestly redo it again once i get some better pieces of LR, i had some odd shapes that were almost unusable

FTS AFTER
Water Blue Light Azure Natural environment

SMALL cove under "bridge" lol
Water Underwater Fluid Organism Coastal and oceanic landforms

Green Star Polyps making a small cove to the right of first bridge (all closed up and unhappy with me for moving them)
Water Blue Underwater Organism Marine invertebrates

used putty to keep plug in hole, its nice and solid now for sure! did the same with my duncan
Water Vertebrate Underwater Fluid Organism

another FTS
Water Black Pet supply Fluid Organism

JUST LOOK AT ALL THE ROOM IN THE BACK! lol
Water Blue Underwater Azure Fluid

·
$ The Poor Reefer $
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
okay last one... looks like my 3 stripe damsel likes his new hiding spot under a piece of SPS bone by my torch :)

Water Plant Natural environment Underwater Fluid

·
$ The Poor Reefer $
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i know these came out wicked blue! lol i'll see if i can get some better ones soon
IF my POS computer decides it wants to work... we shall see lol

Oh and PS: the mission was a success! All finished and cleaned up before she got back! I was even able to stop for a 10 min break, AND feed the dogs after, AND start dinner right before she walked in the door! Thank God I worked early and she worked late today haha. All the lights were off and everything, and I figured it'd take her a day or two to notice, but she sat on the couch and not 2 minutes later... "I see you moved some stuff around?" lol but I didn't get caught IN THE ACT, So im Good :)

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
hey, at least she took notice of it!!! that means that she acknowledged that the tank was there, and didnt just look away in disgust! LOL!! Ok, PM me the pictures that you want to include in the "aquascaping journey" (make sure you have a before and after)...

BTW.. they wont get put up till like the 28-29 because I will be gone, so you have time..

·
$ The Poor Reefer $
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awesome dude! I'd love that, it'd be so cool lol. Yeah I'll do that. How many pics u think? I might be able to get a couple more that are less BLUE! lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.