I have a reef tank. It was running beautifully for about a year when I started to notice a deep red, almost wine colored "slime" growing on my live rock, substrate, glass & even on my macro algae. It is very delicate to the touch. If I pick up a piece of rock & shake it, the stuff comes right off. When I clean the tank, everything looks fine for about a week and then it starts to grow again. I even took the rock and macro algae out and soaked it and rinsed it well. The soak water looked like beet juice when I finished! But after I put it all back, everything was red again in about 2 weeks. All my corals and fish seem fine, but this stuff is really a nuisance! I suspect it may be some bacterial form that likes my lighting. What can I do?