The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have started our first treatment. We plan on doing a 30-35 gallon water change after 6 hours and run the carbon. We were not able to catch the cleaner shrimp, 2 peppermints or 2 emerald crabs. So now we wait! We will keep you posted. Nicole and Steve

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Inverts

When I did mine, the shrimp looked really "drugged up" by the end of the 6 hour treatment period, but they all made it through 3 treatments. I did lose most of my pods and all of my acro crabs. Snails were unaffected as well as starfish and hermit crabs.

Good luck on the treatments!

We have started our first treatment. We plan on doing a 30-35 gallon water change after 6 hours and run the carbon. We were not able to catch the cleaner shrimp, 2 peppermints or 2 emerald crabs. So now we wait! We will keep you posted. Nicole and Steve

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All is well so far shrimp and emerald crabs are still going strong after water change last night. I will continue with the dose 2 more times to make sure .

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Fyi

Sounds like you are making good progress....I read, in Dustin's thread on RC that the survival rate of crustaceans iincreases with water changes and/or carbon. I remember him saying " the more the better"

All is well so far shrimp and emerald crabs are still going strong after water change last night. I will continue with the dose 2 more times to make sure .

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are running large amounts of carbon thinking of doing A small water change in the middle of the week not sure yet. I am running my carbon in a phosban reactor the 2 little fishies type does well

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would have to say I have never seen my water so clear now that im running carbon the way I am now .

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
;) So treatment #2 today! So far so good, water change in a few hours and then do it all over again in a week! Then it will be coral shopping time!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well WC is done. We lost our Cleaner shrimp today:( . But on the bright side not a single red bug! So we are not sure if we will do the final treatment. All the polyps are extended on the SPS and there color is amazing! Never knew that they were that color!!!!
So that is our update and we are sticking to it! :banana: Nicole

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Well WC is done. We lost our Cleaner shrimp today:( . But on the bright side not a single red bug! So we are not sure if we will do the final treatment. All the polyps are extended on the SPS and there color is amazing! Never knew that they were that color!!!!
So that is our update and we are sticking to it! :banana: Nicole
I would do the last treatment even if you dont see anything just to make sure.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this past sunday was our last treatment went good total loss 1 cleaner shrimp 1 pepermint shrimp, on the bright side the 2 sps thats left in my tank have great color :D thanks to all who helped us and gave great advice

steve & nicole

1 - 11 of 11 Posts