One of the most important, yet often forgotten, pieces of any saltwater reef is the aquascape. The ideas behind designing great scapes have changed a lot over the years, but the basics are the same:
- Provide an amount of rock adequate for filtration.
- Arrange it in a manner that is visually appealing.
- Leave proper spacing and height for different coral placement.
READ MORE: Real Reef Shelf Rock: Recreate the Tonga Look and Save a Reef
MORE MARINE DEPOT NEWS
- Hydor Nano-Skim Protein Skimmer Review: Great Skimmer for the Nano Crowd!
- Real Reef Shelf Rock: Recreate the Tonga Look and Save a Reef
- How to Hang an Aquarium Light with a Suspension Kit
- Hydor Smart Level Control ATO System: Simple, Inexpensive and Effective
- Can’t We All Just Get Along?
- Fed up with carrying buckets? Try an auto top-off system!
- Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heaters: A uniquely different and better heater!
- Reef It Simple, Part 2: Let's Talk Filtration
- 5 ways to change your aquarium water like a pro
- Two Little Fishies AquaStik Epoxy Putty: Versatile and Easy To Use... Have you Tried It Yet?
- Reef It Simple—Your First Reef Tank
- 5 Creative Ways to Use LED Light Strips
- Which Clean-up Crew Critters Should You Have in your Reef Tank?
- Coral Frenzy Reef Pellets: The ULTIMATE coral food now in pellet form