The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my zoas are on the multiplying fast mode lmao... each time seems they pop up 3 new ones. so i have 12 now wich is cool i have 3 white and 2 green tunicates*sp* and about 30 stomattela snails lol. i saw 2 when i first noticed them now i have some the size of pencil erasers and some as small as the size of a pin head. we either had one crab hiding well or we have a new one. there is a small one we had not seen before and my main question is this...

with an anemone is it normal that the tenticle splits? one i noticed has a second one attached looks like a Y. lol is this normal.

Im thinking of adding another star polyp to the tank and some more mushrooms. anyone have a good way to add mushrooms to the floor without the flow taking off ith them. i had one on a rock but even though it was not dirrect flow it let go of the rock and is in the back of my tank. there is alot of caves at sand level so they would end up under it. maybe a new rock in front and put them in front of it. any idea.

*edit* also is there anything that kinda looks like aptasia that well isnt. lol i hav something on a rock that im not sure that it came in on the rock as there was so much on it i might hav emissed it but its been about 2 months and it has not spread at all even though everything else in the tank is going nuts with growth should i leave it and jsut watch or remove it?*

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
It is very common for anemones to have a few Y shaped tentacles.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fine fine lol let me go take a couple and ill post them lol. *pictureholics lol*

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol took a few more then i ment to lol some are blurry but u get the point. The tank is still rather plain but i dont mind it will get fuller in time. the tank is only 5 months old so i think its doing okay. lol

she loves that nem lol

again and on the left of the pic u can see the split tenticle

blurry but new ones growing

green tunicate...

Different zoas and i though a zoa but maybe a type of mushroom*circled*

white and green tunicate... and yeah she rarely leaves that nem

star polyp and blue/purple mushroom doing great

the group of zoas brought home about 2 1/2 months ago started as 4 lol.

he really wants in that thing u can see him sneaking up from the bottom left lol

the different sizes of snail .. lol they grow fast but this is just one spot of them there all over.

okay there you go pictures lol

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
Thanks for the pic's. Everything looks very healthy!:thumbup:

Are you sure pic#4 is a tunicate and not a sponge?
Pic #5 looks like aiptasia.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i suppose it may be a sponge lol i posted before of it and was told tunicate cause it has a tube so sticking up out of them. theres 5 total and i do know the one is not aiptasia it was a side shot very bad lol let me try a different picture lol... these are older pictures i had on here of them but ull get a better idea lol

It is silky white with well looks like a sac of eggs its still kinda small... anda long tube stikcing out... its just above the zoas lol

here u can see it next to the zoas top left of the green zoas... i thought zoa but who knows. there are tons of little feather dusters on this rock too its got purple, red, black, banded dusters its neat. some of the stuff on here remind me of well there shaped like a 5 petaled flower but the petals are the same of like ivy leafs and its redish brown but there so small i cant get a pic yet

*edit the green one looks like the white but cant get as good a pic of it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts