The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! This thread is part B of a thread I started lastnight.
I'm heading over to the lfs to pick up a cleaning crew. I have an algae outbreak from over feeding. Here's my question
I have a armored wrasse that has a taste for smaller snails so I was thinking of a seahare? What do they eat? Some sites say hair algae only while others say they eat all algae. If its hair algae only I dont have enough to keep it alive if its all algae it should be fine in my tank.
Also I was wondering if there is other inverts you might recommend that eats algae other than crabs?
One more thing what small fish eat algae? If the snails are all small when I get there and I decide against the seahare this would give me a third option. Ive never had luck with lawnmower blennies but I do like blennies.
Thanks
Patrick.

·
Administrator
46,839 Posts
Hi Everyone! This thread is part B of a thread I started lastnight.
I'm heading over to the lfs to pick up a cleaning crew. I have an algae outbreak from over feeding. Here's my question
I have a armored wrasse that has a taste for smaller snails so I was thinking of a seahare? What do they eat? Some sites say hair algae only while others say they eat all algae. If its hair algae only I dont have enough to keep it alive if its all algae it should be fine in my tank.
Also I was wondering if there is other inverts you might recommend that eats algae other than crabs?
One more thing what small fish eat algae? If the snails are all small when I get there and I decide against the seahare this would give me a third option. Ive never had luck with lawnmower blennies but I do like blennies.
Thanks
Patrick.

See the hare links I posted, but to the blenny issue, I never nad luck with lawnmower blennies but I LOVE bi-color blennies, cool looking, great personality, and entertaining as all get out, Mine would nibble at at algae, then agian it hung out with my Sailfin, they were best buds :)

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Doug
where is the link? Ill check my other thread for it?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks George and Doug
ok heres what I'm thinking after checking out the links. I'm thinking one seahare since I have red and green algae and thats what the link said they like. Plus one blennie of some sort. I just like to go to the lfs with as much info as I can bring because sometimes the staff knows their stuff them other times they are like me and not sure.

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
I'd get a sea hare, some of them are pretty small and you can always supplement their diet or give it to someone who needs one when your tank is cleared out.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Chris thats the way I thinking of going that and a blennie of some sort so if the seahare is short lived I will have something to taker for it. I read their life span is only a few months.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so I'm home from the lfs I got 20 turbos a buck each 1 seahare 20 bucks 1 star blennie 15 bucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts