The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Perfeshunal Hikk
11,076 Posts
Very very sad indeed. Where I lived in Jax I could drive 5 minutes and get to a section of waterway that was labeled "Unsafe for humans, do not enter". Not a mile from there was was called a "swimming hole" where I grew up at.

· Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very very sad indeed. Where I lived in Jax I could drive 5 minutes and get to a section of waterway that was labeled "Unsafe for humans, do not enter". Not a mile from there was was called a "swimming hole" where I grew up at.
I spent my elementary school years in Hawaii, on Oahu. We've gone back from time to time and the water in Kailua is just so nasty in so many places on that island now. I live in California and it's the same story here. The Pacific has become a giant toilet.

· Registered
562 Posts
Dont forget cigarette butts. I do a beach clean up every time i surf. Its amazing what I find. Its malibu, one of the most heavy traffic beaches in the world so its to be expected but Im still in shock every single day. I always catch myself shaking my head at least once every time. I cant count how many times the water has made me sick.

· Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dont forget cigarette butts. I do a beach clean up every time i surf. Its amazing what I find. Its malibu, one of the most heavy traffic beaches in the world so its to be expected but Im still in shock every single day. I always catch myself shaking my head at least once every time. I cant count how many times the water has made me sick.
The butts and the beer bottles are the worst on the beach in Santa Cruz. What's IN the water is another story all together. :bigeek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.