The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it best to turn of canister filter with carbon in, & turn of 2 reactors, first carbon then phosphate & finally returned to pump section of sump, whilst using medication. as iv a dose of white spot on my yellow tang, & also my rusty angel. iv been treating the tank with oodinex marine invertebrate friendly medication, suposes to get rid of finrot, fungus white spot, etc etc.. now i did turn of filter & reactors, but kept skimmer on & it seems as if my skimmer, has skimmed all the meds out of the water, as the water is as green as the meds itself ?... so i need some help, please i'm desperate for advice, i have 100G tank, with 20G sump 2KG rubble in sump 15/20KG LR in tank & not everything has white spot. my black & white humbugs are fine shrimp's are also fine, my PH is a little high 8.4-5. normal tests & i use ro water with new filters media in there aswell, rowaphos hex carbon... thanks any query just ask thanks...
<script type="text/javascript"> ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_222497', { app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '222497' }, parseInt('0') ); </script>

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Usually you turn off all filtration when treating with meds. I would like to warn you though that the only real ick cures are Copper and hyposalinity, both of which you can not treat with in the main tank.

·
Registered
164 Posts
An aquarium temp of 80 or higher will kill Ick. Supposedly It speeds up there matabolism and they die off. Of course all you tank mates may not like the high temps.

·
just a guy with a reef...
354 Posts
An aquarium temp of 80 or higher will kill Ick. Supposedly It speeds up there matabolism and they die off. Of course all you tank mates may not like the high temps.
Negative Ghost Rider, the ich will remain. My tank usually runs between 79° and 84° and I still see Ich from time to time on my Yellow and Powder Brown Tangs.

Your statement makes sense from a biological standpoint, however I have experienced otherwise.

Healthy fish also combat Ich.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Negative Ghost Rider, the ich will remain. My tank usually runs between 79° and 84° and I still see Ich from time to time on my Yellow and Powder Brown Tangs.

Your statement makes sense from a biological standpoint, however I have experienced otherwise.

Healthy fish also combat Ich.
i must say that my temps run a little high, through having 472 watts of light above my tank. normally i'm running around 27 to 29c. but on the other hand my soft corals are growing that fast i can practically see it happening before my eyes...:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts