The Reef Tank banner
3K views 34 replies 7 participants last post by  Viv 
#1 ·
We are downsizing from two tanks to one (will put the 125 FO/LR up sor sale)
This was the perfect time to finally get new carpet and hardwood floors... so that is happening and finished in the living room where the reef once was and soon will be again. We've used the 125 tank, empty, to fill with the reef inhabitants in the meantime, and cleaned the 120 and replaced all the sump plumbing.

We are also going BB w/starboard instead of sand w/plenum like we did before.
The starboard arrived today, and we have to finish this today (not all the LR placement, but empty the 125 and move it out to the garage) b/c the carpet on that side of the house is scheduled for installation tomorrow.

Here's the pics (per request from another thread)

Any and all suggestions are welcome!

The whole view... Starboard will be cut to fit the two overflows.

The view of the Durso Standpipe, side and topviews.

I'd like the tank to be quieter. Yes, the water falls below the sump water level. The external return pump is not the source of the noise.
:cool:

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
ShirleyM said:
I put some in.... they are 3-1/2 - 4" tall... look kinda weird (I realize in time they might get covered in coralline...) but maybe I'll elevate the back and not the front... ?
Shirley if your gonna do it ,do it right elevate them all you can cut them down and make more right?

#13 ·
Yes, Steve could cut them down if his saw is here and not at school... he's painting a wall that goes to a vaulted ceiling right now... the carpet people come in the a.m. and Steve goes to work at 7 tomorrow morning. I'll see if his saw is here.
THANKS! Your support is AWESOME!! I'm running between tank and computer...:agree: :help: :jester:

#15 ·
His saw is at school.
I'd love it if you were here to help! I'd share some of Jeff's blueberries with you on ice cream!
The tank is less then 1/2 full, and I'm trying to do some aquascaping at this point. The corals are still in the 125-gal. The LR has been "cooking" in the garage...

#17 ·
Casey said:
cool ice cream:dance: :beer: Its loads of work im sure you are getting tired by now.
You got that right. Troy's helping now. We are pumping more water over... need more 'coz rocks with corals attached are about to be added.

Got pics I'll post later

#20 ·
ShirleyM said:
Everything was perfect with water test... now however... just had to tighten the standpipe 'coz it was dripping or leaking on underside of tank really slow once the whole tank was turned on... :( Steve thinks it's fixed... for now... hope so... :eek::help:
Just hand tighten it a little more should do it.:blob:

#23 ·
Shirley, you stinker! You didn't tell me you had started a thread about this! LOL

Our email is still botched. I just got in and it looks like all the emails we didn't get - just came in! All at one time!!

Looks like we can actually send emails too! whoot!

I can't take it tonight, but I'm sitting down with everyone in the morning - with coffee - and answering emails as long as the coffee holds out. ;) Watch your in-box.

#24 ·
OK -- I'm starving and wore out, but pics are being resized and uploaded.
Meanwhile, the skimmer is going nuts and running watery foam like crazy, and there are a zillion bubbles in the tank. I took pics with the skimmer off so you wouldn't need fog lights to see the interior of the tank...
What now? I've done everything that ever worked before to get rid of bubbles. Or will that just work itself out?

#26 ·
Here's the SB in place... We didn't have to cut it in half... it slid right in.

Transferring the water... we used two transfer hoses after I took this photo.

The Reef!
(spraybar running down the back)

Left End

Right End

Lawnmower blenny peaking out from under rock and spray bar across bottom backside

Desjardini Sailfin Tang

Center Left

We put the rock up on PVC stands in the back, but not in the front.
Most of these corals are from 5-8 yrs ago... and the two clowns and Blue Regal tang are from the original fish 7-1/2 yrs ago, surviving the toxic disaster of the tiger tail cucumber going through the return pump.

We have a decent amount of rock left over ... in a tub of circulating saltwater.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.