The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just placed a new RBTA in my 240g tank. After acclimating it, I was placing it in the tank and it fell into the middle of the reef under some rocks. It's pretty dark down there, plus I want to be able to see it, but I don't really want to tear apart the whole reef to get it. Do you think it will be able to climb back out into "the sun"?

· My own ocean
1,663 Posts
Under stress, they are more likely to move, they want to find a perfect spot. normally up near the top w/ their foot in a rock or crevice so that only the tenticles are being blown by the current

· Registered
385 Posts
He'll move...We have two RBTA that have been behaving themselves for many months now, but there was a time when they were in all sorts of odd places looking for a certain spot.

One night after lights out I saw my first launch himself off the reef and down to the bottom he went. Next morning attached to the glass in an upper corner.

They do seem to settle in once they get the right place, foot under rock so they can retret. Good Luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.