The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just noticed this weird egg sac thingy hanging around, i duno if its just random algea build up. i duno if i should be worried or not any idea will help

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh i forgot to post my inhabitants, i dont have much right now since the tank is fairly new, i've got 8 snails, 1 emerald crab, 1 fireshrimp, a few bristleworms and a couple of random hitchhikers like little worm dudes, also i have some corals, a pink hammerhead, some spotted mushrooms and some candy canes

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah and now its gone and i havnt noticed any weird outbreaks of stuff, well i did all of a sudden get a nano starfish outbreak which is really cool but i doubt that they came from that sac. i'm guessing it was just a weird build up of algae

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it was very wavy and looked really gooey but now its not there and nothing has really changed so now i'm not to worried

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks like a dying something. like a lone zooanthid or something that was hitchhiking. Probably a good thing, might have been an atapsia anemone. As for the nano stars, if they get to be too much, get a harlequin shrimp. They love those little stars, but then again, the fireshrimp mite take him out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts