The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had tanks over the years and always had problems either too hot or evaporation, salt ridden equiptment etc etc. . I thought it out a little this time. I built my own stand and made it tall. I also placed it no where near windows and placed it under a AC vent. I have a 120mm Ducted fan on the top that pulls 65-68 degree air into the light area then I have 2 blue LED 120mm pulling air out the back. The top of the tank is pretty muched sealed up except a small hole for each power head and air lines (I use filtered air to the powerheads and control the amount of ariation) I keep the under side of the tank cool but evaporation down I have a pretty predictable temp range that goes from 76 in the early am to 80 at the top of the day and in the evening it RAINS in the tank. condinsation builds upon the glass and starts dripping at around 6pm and finishes about 12 to 2 am. I clean the glass about every 2 days but sometimes it cleans it self. I loose very little water. If you take the temp. probe out of the water,the temp drops rapily to about 76 this is what I look for any lower and any higher and no rain.

I would like to reform this but can't figure out a table that I can go from dew point to temp change anyone know of anything out there I can take a look at.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Wow you keep your house cold for tampa I would hate to see your fpl bill. How does your tank not get to 80 plus degrees. here in palm beach the house is at 74 to 76 and the tank hit 80 with just the pump (external at the time) and two 64 w PC.

I dont know what to say about the dew point thing.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No the AC vent is ust above the tank canopy air comming out is at 65 to 67 (normal for vent exit temp only about 6 feet from airhandler out put. roon stays about 76 to 78 and yes my eletric bill run about 289.00 on a good month and 340.00on a bad month. I have almost full tree coveage as well. the house was built in 1952 block home, concrete backer board for walls (not gypsum wallboard) the roof is toung and groove 3/4 inch not plywood and I have a attic venting system. Plus the tile floors help. and I run about 6 fans plus ceiling fans in each room. 2.5 ton airhandler with a 3 ton compressor help drop the temp fast. Can cool the house down in about 90 minutes from 82 to 76..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts