The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sorry for your loss Melissa. Are you going to replace him with another one?

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
do you have other pets? maybe a jumper got picked up by someone else.

·
Skimmer and Reactor
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys...I don't think I'll replace him right away. I've got an overactive Coris gaimard which may have to be re-homed in a FO situation. She was a model citizen for a while, but is becoming quite a pig recently, and not in the food-eating sense. She really likes to move all my little rocks looking for critters underneath. Some of my corals don't really like that too much. Once I decide what to do with her, I may think about adding another fish, but I don't know for sure.

Here's her photo:

·
Addicted to water
1,011 Posts
I'm sorry about your loss, Melissa. My anthias decided to carpet surf a few days ago...it's never easy losing fish, especially the ones you love the most (and yes, we do care about our fish!). I'm sure he received the best of care while in your tank, though. :)

·
Addicted to water
1,011 Posts
Todd, I suppose that's the mystery about them. ;)

Wow, I had no idea they were so expensive...why is it that the fish you pay the most for are always the first to go? My $160 Labouti escaped (even with the tank fully covered), but I can't catch a darn damsel to save my life!

·
Skimmer and Reactor
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think I paid $120 for mine. I haven't seen them for that price except just one other place and only for a very short period of time, so I think I lucked out on price.

Todd, how did the two of them act towards each other? Did you have any aggression issues? I don't think these wrasses are sexually dimorphic, so I was never really able to tell what gender I had. I always thought it would be neat to have a pair though. How long has it been since you've seen them?

Kayla, sorry to hear about your anthias...those are truly some gorgeous fish!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
When many fish do sexual play, they go up and down the water column far larger than the depth of our tanks, often causing carpet surfing...I just lost my male crosshatch trigger that way...

Steve

·
Founder-Canton Reef Club
1,839 Posts
Melissa said:
Todd, how did the two of them act towards each other? Did you have any aggression issues? I don't think these wrasses are sexually dimorphic, so I was never really able to tell what gender I had. I always thought it would be neat to have a pair though. How long has it been since you've seen them?
quote]

I have not seen them in about 5 weeks. It's a safe bet that they are goners. They never fought each other because the tangs and the clownfish of all fish scared the hell out of them. They did not have time to fight each other.

I will try again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts