The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i know this is a saltwater site and i wasnt sure if there was a place on this site to ask any freshwater questions. as i come here for all my saltwater questions i thought id check here first. ill go ahead and post here maybe someone might know. *

now im not big on goldfish but my son is learning to care for things and i have a 2.5g tank with some *glass pebbles* one fake plant and two goldfish. i have never had good luck with gold fish lol but we have had these for 2 weeks and they now have ick. my question is if i remove everything form the tank clean it really well puting just the fish back in and treating it *not adding the rock back* then after the time frame on the treatment puting fresh water in with the rock and plant would it be okay or would adding the rock readd the ick should ijsut treat how it is and see what happens?
thanks for any help

·
The hammer is my...coral
1,501 Posts
okay i know this is a saltwater site and i wasnt sure if there was a place on this site to ask any freshwater questions. as i come here for all my saltwater questions i thought id check here first. ill go ahead and post here maybe someone might know. *

now im not big on goldfish but my son is learning to care for things and i have a 2.5g tank with some *glass pebbles* one fake plant and two goldfish. i have never had good luck with gold fish lol but we have had these for 2 weeks and they now have ick. my question is if i remove everything form the tank clean it really well puting just the fish back in and treating it *not adding the rock back* then after the time frame on the treatment puting fresh water in with the rock and plant would it be okay or would adding the rock readd the ick should ijsut treat how it is and see what happens?
thanks for any help
ok well
you need to upgrade gold fish are not easy fish.

and NOTHING from the gold fish family should ever be in anything smaller then 30 g

if you have a plastic plant i suggest coppersafe and you can put it in the tank if you take out the carbon

goldfishes are not easy fish!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really wasnt sure on them ive only had guppies and a tiny frog in this tank before lol. I have noticed the guppies dont get the ick when the other fish do. have had ick in another tank before and the guppies were fine.. lol but ill keep that in mind. i did upgrad the filter on the tank from the tiny one it had to a better one lol to help keep it cleaner ah well thanks for the reply . any suggestion on fish types that stay small for a tank this size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts