The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the other two about and figured I'd get the drop on them. Good morning all!

Workin today on a perfect day. Got the tank drilled yesterday but more on that in my thread. Have a spectacular day & don't settle for any less.

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Top of the morning You hard worker You, and HAPPY SUNDAY TO ALL!

Sorry you're sitting there in your air conditioned office with your feet cocked up on your desk, chatting away on your computer while we're sitting around doing the SAME THING and not getting paid. :ROFLMAO: Hope it's an easy/quick one for you Pal.

Coffee is being put to work......and I slept in till past 7a this morning. Though I stayed up past 1a. Had a fun night last night, including another pleasant TRT CHAT......starting to get the hang of this new gizmo.
All of us including Hack's compadres, spent the night playing board games......Jen and Hack continued log after I weenied out and went to bed.

Got more of Our 'Children' coming over today, including a Baby we have yet to meet.......been since Christmas when We'All last seen eachother. Hack has a reload of Guests joining us......this year is quickly shaping up to be the year we MOVED PAST COVID hysteria, and getting back to LIFE! :cool:

An early morning...HA HA HA....trip to HD/Lowe's to replace a benchtop belt sander for the gun shop, and MORE FOOD for shindigging. MAN do we have a ton, yet need more.....fresh veggies and pepperoni type snacking stuff. BURGERS, DOGS, PIZZA, CHICKEN, yada yada yada we got'Z!

Let's see who's joining us around the Table,
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Have a spectacular day & don't settle for any less.
Yeah Rick......way too many under achievers! :ROFLMAO: Some times you simply have to MAN UP/WOMEN UP and face that raging rush of FUN that';s heading at you......Remember, you are NOT ALONE....there's always someone willing to help you when you are face to face with FUN.
Hack
:cool:

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Good morning Vinnie.....and hope THAT works for Ya.
Love a good movie.....or MARATHONs of them or series. Sometimes feet up in an air conditioned home with a TV doing all the manual labor stuff is very acceptable. (y)

THANKS again Pal for that new LINK you've turned us onto.(y)
Hack

·
Super Moderator
28,337 Posts
Good mawnin’, Rick, Hack, Vinnie, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Hack! I’ll put out western omelets,Texas toast, cowboy potatoes, really big blue Marie muffins with a hint of orange zest, And a bowl of cut up Mel choices, ice cold, of course. If you leave the table hungry, it’s your own fault. Ha ha Ha

Jeff, congratulations on putting down deposit on your new GSD puppy. It is getting real and I am so excited for you. We are all excited for you.

Rick, bravo for getting your tank drilled yesterday. That is big stuff. I’ll go check out your thread. Hope your day at work is better than average.

Hack - That is so much fun that you introduced Trivial Pursuit to some young people! I am impressed that you were able to stay awake as long as you did.

Vinnie, enjoy your a mellow day! Everybody needs at least one of those a week.

Guess it’s time to look for Perry again

Sorry to miss the chat last evening. I have made a pact with myself to start getting ready for bed at 9:30, so in the future I will come to chat and head out at 9:30. I don’t want to be a complete party pooper.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Reactions: VWD

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Howdy Cath! After while you run out of CHAT material, but there's days where it's GREAT to shoot the breeze.
I'm a in bed by 9p person myself during the work week, and this 8p CHAT is nice......9 can happen on weekends, but this new 8 is a preference.

Cath one of the newly initiated children into the board game world last night was particularly....particularly what?....hmmmm... :unsure: ......'interesting'.

Nate and I share a love/gift for the finer aspects of sarcasm, and rye 'English' humor.....so we often find ourselves bantering back n forth which eludes most peoples ability to even notice.....this young man DID. And wasted no time in practicing with us. JEN WAS EATING THIS UP! She appreciates our subtle hilarity. This was sooooo exciting we found ourselves, the young man and me, with each TRIVIA question, staring deep into eachother's eyes looking for THAT twitch.....Of course Nate understood the complexity of the moment as we did and is ALWAYS QUICK TO ASSIST WITH A FIRE BY OFFERING A BUCKET OF GAS to help. Awe man, WE had an absolute above n beyond blast last night.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These they are. Mornin Cath, Hack & Vinnie.

Hack I replied to you camera question. I had the bug really bad a few years ago, I think you just set that all off again.

Vinnie a movie day would be awesome. I recently remembered the movie Vanishing Point (1971). I need to watch that again.

Mornin Cath. The tank drilling went awesome. I suppose it is some kind of "right of passage" I had to get past. Reminds me of Cub Scouts collecting badges sewn down my sleeve. I guess I got my Tank Drilling Badge yesterday...

·
Administrator
49,096 Posts
Good Morning Gang, Coffee in hand and getting primed for back to work. Smoky have filtering out harsh sun so its no too bad out. Sun didnt burnthrough till about 4pm yesterday then temp shot up 10 degrees.
I offered my thoughts on cameras in the other tread.
Sounds like a good time was had, nice to check out new chat vehicle last night. I thin we were close to saving the world if they would just listen to us ;) Have a great day all, catch ya after work

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
The day....FESTIVITIES are proceeding splendidly. (y) First up on the table is 'left overs' from yesterday's baby Shower......they hired a 'professional caterer'......evidently a Cajon Gen.....everything was well blackened. An old country boy like me would have saved them some bucks and say, 'I apologize folks.....I plum burnt everything. You needn't pay me." NAH.....these Cheeseburger 'sliders' are bonified BURNT! Fills the hole in the belly nicely.....I'm telling folks 'they're CAJON'. (y)😁But I won't raise the price for a fancy word.
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Got's plenty of grub, both yesterday's and today's......just urgs the crawl to let something go right to the dogs without at least a fair sales pitch.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,696 Posts
Afternoon all.
Being the family fix it guy, oldest nephew’s “new” condo’s a/c went wonky. Sis updated me on what the “guy” said was wrong and how much it would cost to fix. nephew is waiting on home warranty place to get back to him on the next step. The a/c service guy cost $250 to look at things ,,, verdict was a “burnt up wiring harness” ( and $450 to fix 🤯😡🤷🏻‍♂️) I checked it out in person today,,, Prime’d the “compressor lead repair kit”( $50) and when I shows up here tomorrow will hopefully fix me a a/c unit( and tell nephew to inform the a/c dude to ,,,,( fill in the blank with what level of “ long walk/short pier” comment). A little bit of repair/clean up to a “hot connection” compressor terminal being the biggest part of the job, but have run the job thru my head on what I need to bring and what I need to do,,, the hardest part will be the drive , hehe.
Warm fuzzy with “saving the day for family , and negating the need to pay crazy money for a “pro” to fix.

Ex- foster long dog adopters sent me pics of Herbie and Stewy and updates on how they are doing,,, enjoying the good life like they did here, and seemed to adjusted to their forever home just fine .

Dogs here need attention, must obey .

Hope everyone is having a great day 👍🏼

·
Administrator
49,096 Posts
Afternoon all. off work, need to finalize pool filter plumbing, glue jpints and install union so i can remove filter for service/ Still smo and cooler but sun is starting top break through, its 90ish out. so I need tpo bust a move getting filter up, I think ash from the fire is really clogging it up. Link to the fire below.
Got to Bugout Bags ready. Its ugly
Northern California fire explodes to more than 51,000 acres (msn.com)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts