The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought some of the LED moonlights from Lise @Shameless pulg here!! They are beautiful much nicer effect then the atinics everything glows.

So I was sitting there and trying to take shots but, with the flash its to white w/o the flash to dark. I have a digital camera with all the whistles and bells fuji finpix 2800z ( sounds more like a car ) but I cant for the life of me get a decent shot. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mike

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
Taking pictures in low light can be very tricky. Shut all the lights off in the room, you will have to use a tripod and you definitely dont want to use the flash. To take night shots you need to use large aperture settings and long exposure times. The 2800z's longest exposer is only 1/2 second, I dont think thats long enough to get a descent "night" picture tho.

I believe that model does have manual mode...
I would set the camera up on a tripod and use the longest exposure and largest aperture opening (F2.8-F3.0) to see what happens. Using the timer will minimize camera shake also.

Here is a pic I took of my tank lit by LED's. The exposure time was 4 seconds. If you look at the dim greenish blob to the far right of the picture, that fussy blob is a green bubble coral waving in the current.

Sorry it took so long to reply, I have been very busy lately...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beautiful!

Thats what I'm shooting for. Thanks for the info.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts